チェーンをワックスコーティングする方法 ～How To Wax A Bicycle Chain ～
Although it might seem a bit odd, there are a number of benefits to waxing your chain. Jon teaches you how best to do it here.
Subscribe to GCN: http://gcn.eu/SubscribeToGCN
Get exclusive GCN gear in the GCN shop! http://gcn.eu/se
The GCN Club: http://gcn.eu/sf
The two main benefits to a waxed chain are:
1. That it reduces drivetrain friction and so gives a performance increase
2. The wax is very effective at repelling dirt, and so increases the lifetime of your drivetrain.
To wax your chain you will need:
- A very clean chain, dirt will stop the wax sticking to the chain
- A slow cooker, this is much safer than cooking in a pan on the hob
-Paraffin wax, buy it in granules instead of in a block if possible, this will reduce the time it takes to melt
Once your wax has completely melted in the slow cooker, completely submerge your chain, and leave for around 15 minutes.
Once bubbles have stopped coming from the chain links, hang your chain up to drip dry
When the chain in dry, work it about to remove the stiffness that comes with the wax build up.
Once you have cleaned this excess wax from your chain, simply fit it to your bike, and off you go!
出典 YouTube・Global Cycling Network：How To Wax A Bicycle Chain
- YouTube・『How To Wax A Bicycle Chain』