Matt Stephens gives you 5 mistakes to avoid when riding downhill.
Subscribe to GCN: http://gcn.eu/SubscribeToGCN
Get exclusive GCN gear in the GCN shop! http://gcn.eu/fy
Let us know your mistakes to avoid when descending in the comments below 👇
A grand tour rider, former national champion and Olympian, Ex-Professional cyclist Matt Stephens certainly knows plenty about descending.
Here are 5 mistakes you should avoid to have better, faster and safer descending.
- Looking Down - Look upwards and forwards, at the road ahead. You need to be aware of what is coming up so that you can prepare for it.
- Braking Hard - Braking correctly allows you to control the bike better, of particular importance when cornering.
- Taking Hands Off The Bars - You will not be stable and you are vulnerable to any outside influences such as sudden gusts of wind, animals, etc.
- Riding Too Close - Don't ride to close to riders in front, especially on technical or very fast descents. This will allow you to take action if needed.
- Taking The Racing Line - Cutting corners is a big no no! It is VERY dangerous. Stick to your side of the road when riding through a blind bend.
出典 YouTube・Global Cycling Network：5 Cycling Descending Mistakes To Avoid | GCN Pro Tips
- YouTube・『5 Cycling Descending Mistakes To Avoid | GCN Pro Tips』