We've got 6 tips for you if you are taking part in a mass participation ride such as the Maratona dles Dolomites
Subscribe to GCN: http://gcn.eu/SubscribeToGCN
Get exclusive GCN gear in the GCN shop! http://gcn.eu/9O
It's important to stay safe and maintain good etiquette and style when riding and even more so in events. Ex-Professional Cyclists Dan Lloyd and Matt Stephens have some top tips so you can really enjoy your ride.
Let us know your tips in the comments
Tips we mention are:
- Don't move erratically or brake sharply. There is often a huge number of riders and you need to be aware of them to ensure safety for both yourself and others.
- Don't overlap the wheel in front. Overlapping the wheel in front of you can be dangerous and you cannot predict what the rider in front may do. Should they deviate from their line, your front wheel is at risk of being hit from the side by their back wheel.
- It's not a race. Many riders get carried away and get into a race mood/mentality. Obey the rules of the road and don't take risks.
- Warn others of upcoming hazards. Try to warn other riders of any hazards on the roads, such as potholes, parked cars, broken glass etc.
- Do you turn on the front. If you are in a group, there is no harm in taking advantage of sheltering from the wind, but make sure you also give a turn on the front if you can.
- Take care when snotting... If you need to empty your nostrils, ensure that you don't cover the rider(s) behind.
出典 YouTube・Global Cycling Network：6 Etiquette Tips For Gran Fondos & Sportives
- YouTube・『6 Etiquette Tips For Gran Fondos & Sportives』